Teaching Studio Available to Rent
Teaching Studio 22 is available for rent by the evening, day or week. It is an ideal location for your next art class or workshop. Teaching Studio 22 is intended to serve professional artists who teach classes or workshops.
Teaching Studio 22 has 750 sq. ft and features an open L-shaped floor plan. It has lots of natural north light as well as overhead lighting, dedicated easel lighting and gallery lighting.
Teaching Studio 22 is equipped with 10 artist's easels, 15 taborets, a plinth, 4 folding screens, blackout curtains, 15+ chairs, 6 folding tables and a gallery hanging system. Creature comforts include ample and well-lit parking, a refrigerator, storage space, and convenient restrooms, all in a safe, semi-rural setting convenient to Philadelphia, Wilmington and West Chester, PA.
The snapshots on this page were taken in Teaching Studio 22 during a week-long workshop taught by professional portrait artist Ellen Cooper. For more information about renting the Teaching Studio for workshop, course or meeting, e-mail Heidi Hammel or Contact Us.
Description of the workshop space and facilities:
- 2nd floor of recently renovated 19th cotton mill along Chester Creek in Aston, PA
- 7 miles from I-95; 15 minutes to Media; 20 minutes to West Chester and the Brandywine Valley region and Wyeth Country; 30 minutes to Philadelphia, PA and Wilmington, DE
- easels, taborets, chairs, clean up facilities provided
- three bathrooms and two clean-up sinks
- lunch room with coffee pot and refrigerator
- whole building AC and heat
- primary access is a covered outdoor metal staircase with railings on both sides
- a secondary fire exit, which is an indoor staircase, with a railing on one side
- safe, well lit off-street parking
Here is what recent students said about Heron Crest Studios:
- "The facilities were excellent!"
- "The facilities are fabulous!"
- "The location, policies, parking easels, lunch area, lighting, bathrooms and clean up areas were all very nice and met the needs of the workshop."